As usual, I would like to offer an easy and quick recipe, even for those who don’t have much time or many ideas. This crunchy lentil salad with Feta cheese would make the perfect lunch for one person, but you can multiply ingredients by the number in your group. This is an ideal fall and winter recipe. Lentils make it nourishing and it’s also original thanks to the nuts, the seeds and the Feta cheese.
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 1/3 cup dry green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 1 handful green salad, such as mesclun
- ¼ cup Feta cheese
- A dozen cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon seed mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 or 2 olives (optional)
- Rinse the lentils. In a large volume of boiling water, cook the lentils with the bay leaf and the clove following instructions on the package (generally about 20 minutes). When the lentils are cooked, rinse them using cold water to allow them to cool down more quickly. You can use leftover lentils from another dish as well.
- Rinse and spin the salad. In a plate, arrange the salad along with the lentils. Add the seed mix, the cashew nuts, and the Feta cheese. Prepare the vinaigrette sauce by mixing vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and pour it onto the salad. Decorate with olives.
Tip: I always add cloves and bay leaves in the boiling water when I cook lentils. They flavor the lentils nicely. When cooking lentils for four for example, I add 2 cloves and 2 bay leaves. To make it easier to pull out the cloves once the lentils are cooked, you can place the cloves inside a shallot; the lentils will be even tastier this way!