In springtime, the desire for fresh food gradually shows up. To switch from the rich and comforting winter dishes, here is a green vegetables sauté, consisting of broccoli, beans, crisp and delicious chard, and peanuts. This is a good healthy recipe with green vegetables, perfect for a vitamin refill and to cleanse one’s body after comfort winter food, yet not a sad one thanks to peanuts, garlic, and sesame oil that enhance it all.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1 small head broccoli (or half a large one)
- 2 bunchs/feet of chard (or Chinese cabbage or bok choy)
- 2 handfuls of fresh broad beans
- 1 handful of peanuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt, pepper, thyme
- Preparing the vegetables: Wash and cut the broccoli head, the lower part of chard stems, and the fresh broad beans.
- Steam cook the broccoli, chard, and beans together for 5 minutes or boil them in 5 cups of water for 7 to 10 minutes. Monitor cooking because vegetables should remain crisp.
- In a skillet, brown a peeled and chopped garlic in sesame oil or, alternatively, olive oil. Then add the cooked vegetables and a handful of peanuts. Sauté for no more than 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Result: The three varieties of vegetables strike a good balance in terms of a tasty dish with various textures. Peanuts and sesame oil provide a delicious crunchy touch. This is a good way to brighten greens.
Tip: Peanuts are high in calories. I therefore use no more than a dozen peanuts per person.